Please find our Attendance Policy and Weekly Attendance figures attached below.
Good attendance is vital for children to achieve well and be happy at school. Children who are absent regularly may fall behind or be unhappy coming to school. It is part of our school ethos that good attendance is expected and rewarded.
If your child has better than 97% attendance at school they are doing well. The national average is about 96%. Children with 80% attendance will miss an average of one day a week and two years of school by the time they are in Year 11. Similarly, attendance of 90% may sound good but it is still half a day a week and a year of missed education by the time they are 16. We don’t need to explain how difficult it can be for some children to make up for a year of lost time.
Overall absence data for individual schools can be found on the performance tables website (link attached below), which is run by the DfE. You can search for schools by their type, postcode, name, town or region.
If your child is not present at school by 9:30am on the first day of absence please
phone the school (01434 681 408) or
send an email or
call into the school office
- It is important that we know where your child is. We will phone you if we are unsure as to why your child is absent.
to visit relatives
for long weekends
for shopping trips
for birthday treats
As a School we will inform you if:
your child is not attending
your child is frequently late
Term Time Holidays
Under new guidance from the DfE, any request for a holiday during term time must be authorised by the school and we are only allowed to authorise term time holidays in exceptional circumstances. Any parent who takes their child on holiday without authorisation may receive a Penalty Notice and a possible fine.
We can help
Your children are very important to us all and deserve the best possible education. BUT sometimes things go wrong. If you are having any problems around attendance please come in and speak to us.
Education Welfare Officer
An Education Welfare Officer who works for the Local Authority checks our registers regularly and will be in touch with you if you child fails to attend school on a regular basis.
- WEEKLY ATTENDANCE FIGURES-Week 6
- WEEKLY ATTENDANCE FIGURES-Week 5
- WEEKLY ATTENDANCE FIGURES-Week 4
- WEEKLY ATTENDANCE FIGURES-Week 3
- WEEKLY ATTENDANCE FIGURES-Week 2
- WEEKLY ATTENDANCE FIGURES-Week 1
- WEEKLY ATTENDANCE FIGURES-Week 7.pdf
- WEEKLY ATTENDANCE FIGURES-Week 6.pdf
- WEEKLY ATTENDANCE FIGURES-Week 5.pdf
- WEEKLY ATTENDANCE FIGURES-Week 4.pdf
- WEEKLY ATTENDANCE FIGURES-Week 3.pdf
- WEEKLY ATTENDANCE FIGURES-Week 2.pdf
- WEEKLY ATTENDANCE FIGURES-Week 1.pdf